Who we are
Our website address is: https://westsyde.com.ng.
- What’s in this policy?
This policy tells you:
- What information we might collect about you
- How we might use that information
- When we might use your details to contact you
- What information of yours we might share with others
- Your choices about the personal information you give us
- What does this policy cover?
This policy covers the services that are offered by BellaNaija. And sometimes it covers services offered by parts of our organisation that operate as separate companies. Such as: BellaNaija Weddings, BellaNaija Style, BellaNaija.com and social media pages.
What’s not covered in this policy?
Our services sometimes link to services run by other companies. Those companies have their own privacy and cookies policies, so remember that the information you give them will follow their rules and not ours.
- How do you protect my personal information?
We’re strongly committed to keeping you and your family’s information safe. And to do this we design our services with your safety in mind. We also have dedicated teams to look after your information security and privacy.
At the same time, no service can be completely secure – if you have any concerns that your personal information has been put at risk, for example if someone could have found out your password, please get in touch straight away.
- What types of personal information does Westsyde collect about me?
We’ll give details about why we need your personal information and how we’ll use it before you begin, unless it’s obvious.
- Information that you give to us
We might ask for your name and contact details or your date of birth, depending on what you’re doing. If you apply to take part in a programme on politics, for example, we might ask you about your political opinions. This could include information in a creation you share with us such as people’s names that appear in the creation.
- Device information
- Your computer
- Your mobile
- Your TV
- Your tablet
- Your voice-enabled device
We automatically collect some technical information from these devices and web browsers even when you’re not signed into a BellaNaija account. This might include:
- IP (internet protocol) address
- Device ID
- App ID
- Vendor ID
5. When does WestSyde share my personal information with others?
We’ll never sell your personal information. We do share it with others in these ways:
- When you make something public
Like post a comment which the public can see.
2.When we do collaborative research
We do research activities and sometimes collaborate with research partners. Every now and then we share our content and data with them. This might include information we’ve collected about you. But we’re careful about what we share and what our research partners can do with it.
3.Sometimes by law we have to pass on your information to other organisations
We might also share your information if we have to by law, or when we need to protect you or other people from harm.
- Why do we collect information about you in the first place?
We keep information about you so that we can:
- Get the right services for you
- Plan and improve our services
- Keep in touch with you
- We’ll always tell you why we’re collecting your personal information
We’ll explain why and how we use it and for how long. It’s called a “privacy notice”. And if we need your parent or guardian’s permission we’ll give you clear details about what’s needed at the time.
- We can only use your personal information if we have a valid reason
- We share personal information about you to others but we follow some rules
The main rule is we never sell your personal information to anyone.